Spiritual Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

WHY THE MIND IS RESTLESS

A monk came to the Mother and complained: "Mother, why does my mind become restless every now and then? Why can't I constantly meditate on you? Many worthless thoughts disturb my mind. Tell me, how can I get peace? Shall I never receive your grace? Nowadays I seldom have visions. It is better to die than to lead such worthless life."

"What are you talking about, my son?" Holy Mother responded. "Don't think such horrible things. Can one have a vision every day? The Master used to say: 'Does an angler catch a big carp every day the moment he sits with a rod? He throws the line with spiced bait and then waits with deep concentration. Some days a carp mighty swallow the hook and other days it might not.' So never give up your habit of spiritual practices. Increase your japa."

-Sri Sarada Devi and Her Divine Play

Grateful thanks to

No comments: