Spiritual Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

A MOTHER'S JOB


SWAMI BHUTESHANANDA: Sri Ramakrishna used to send the earnest devotees to the Holy Mother for her advice. One day he remonstrated that Mother was feeding the devotees as a worldly mother and told her, “You gave Baburam so many chapatis. He ate so much. How can he meditate? At night he must have less food. So don’t give so much food to the boy. That will ruin his spiritual career. Who will then be responsible for his spiritual progress?” The Mother with all politeness and foresight said, “Thakur, I shall be responsible for that. Please don’t worry on this account. Moreover, feeding is a mother’s job. That is my domain and please don’t interfere in it.”

Thakur was not annoyed; he was very happy. That was exactly the role he wanted the Mother to play. That divine motherhood was unfolding itself in the Mother gradually. That was the intention of Sri Ramakrishna and that was the will of the Divine Mother. Once Sri Ramakrishna told Holy Mother. “Don’t you see that the people of Calcutta are squirming like worms in filth? Will you not help me do something for them?” In the beginning the Mother used to say. “What can I do? I am merely a woman.” Sri Ramakrishna would not be satisfied with such an answer, but would remonstrate, “You must help me in this work for regeneration of the people. You must help me. Be my associate in bringing about a change in these people.” And gradually she was also coming up to that stage.

Grateful thanks to 

No comments: