Spiritual Search

Custom Search

Saturday, October 31, 2020

REMINISCENCES OF SRI RAMAKRISHNA PARAMAHAMSA

[Post # 1,353] Reminiscence of Aswini Kumar Dutta:

The last time I visited him I had with me the headmaster of our school, who had just then graduated. As soon as Sri Ramakrishna saw him, he asked me: "Where did you pick him up? He's a fine fellow!" 

Then he continued: "You are a lawyer. You are very clever. Can you give me a little of your cleverness? The other day your father came here and stayed three days." 
Myself: "How did you find him?" 
Master: "A nice man. But now and then he talks nonsense." 
Myself: "Please help him get over it when you see him next."
At this Sri Ramakrishna smiled a little. 

Myself: "Please give us a few instructions." 
Master: "Do you know Hriday?" 
Myself: "Your nephew? I know him only by name." 
Master: "Hriday used to say to me: 'Uncle, please don't give out your stock of instructions all at once. Why should you repeat the same things over and over again?' I would reply: 'You fool, what's that to you? These are my words and if I like I shall repeat them a hundred thousand times. You keep quiet!" 
Myself (smiling): "Exactly so!" 

A little later he sat up on the bed. He repeated "Om" several times and began to sing a song whose first line is: "Dive deep, O mind, dive deep in the Ocean of God's Beauty." 
Hardly had he sung one or two lines when he himself dived deep and was lost in samadhi.

Grateful thanks to 

No comments: