Spiritual Search

Custom Search

Friday, February 6, 2009

Gems from Gandhiji-4:

...I have come to the conclusion that for myself God is Truth. But two years ago, I went a step further and said Truth is God. You will see the fine distinction between the two statements, viz., That God is Truth and Truth is God. And I came to that conclusion after a continuous and relentless search after Truth which began nearly fifty years ago. ... the definition - Truth is God - gives me the greatest satisfaction. And when you want to find Truth as God, the only inevitable means is Love, i.e. non-violence, and since I believe that ultimately means and end are convertible terms, I should not hesitate to say that God is Love.
Excerpt from the article "GOD" by Gandhiji from the online book, "Selections from Gandhi"
Grateful thanks to MKGandhi.org.

No comments: