Spiritual Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

From My Spiritual Diary-43:

If you look you will find that I have never quoted anything but the Upanishads. And of the Upanishads, it is only that one idea – STRENGTH. The quintessence of the Vedas and Vedanta and all, lies in that one word.

It is selfishness that we must seek to eliminate. I find that whenever I have made a mistake in my life, it has always been because SELF entered into the calculation. Where self has not been involved, my judgment has gone straight to the mark.

The older I grow, the more everything seems to me to lie in manliness. This is my new gospel. Do even evil like a man! Be wicked, if you must, on a grand scale!

The history of the world is the history of a few men who had faith in themselves. That faith calls out the inner divinity. You can do anything. You fail only when you do not strive sufficiently to manifest infinite power. As soon as a man loses faith in himself, death comes. Believe first in yourself and then in God. A handful of strong men will move the world. We need a heart to feel, a brain to conceive, and a strong arm to do the work…..One man contains within him the whole universe. One particle of matter has all the energy of the universe at its back. In a conflict between the heart and the brain, follow your heart.

You must try to combine in your life immense idealism with immense practicality. You must be prepared to go into deep meditation now, and the next moment you must be ready to go and cultivate the fields… The true man is he who is strong as strength itself and yet possesses a woman’s heart.

Work, my children, work with your whole heart and soul! Mind not the fruit of work. What if you go to hell working for others? That is worth more than to gain heaven by seeking your own salvation…(Swami Vivekananda)

1 comment:

whoami said...

Hari OM! I really like your blog. But i saw today a lot of ads and i really have to scroll down a lot to come to the 'spiritual diary' section. It would be great if you can disable the google ads in your blog.